Thursday, January 04, 2007

"Dear Yahoo.com..."

Dear Yahoo.com,

I like your free e-mail service and appreciate its existence, but there are a couple of issues I'd like to ask you about.

1) Why is the English in Yahoo mail 180 degrees out of whack? When I want to see the next message, I have to click on "Previous" and when I want to see the previous message, I have to click on "Next". Don't the people at Yahoo understand the concept of reading (time sensitive) mail in chronological order?

2) Why is it that I have no problem receiving Japanese e-mail with your favorite competitor's e-mail (GMail), but I get only garbled text with Yahoo.com? This single issue - more than any other - is driving me closer and closer to Google and and further and further from Yahoo.

Whatever happened to good design? There's a point where you have to stop listening to every complaint made by users and actually make intelligent decisions as to whether requests are nonsense or are something worth paying attention to. If you say that this request is nonsense, then I say that not only is your English 180 degrees out of whack, but your reasoning powers are also 180 degrees out of whack.

Sincerely,

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/

No comments: