Thursday, December 31, 2015

"Time"

(2015/12/31)  Proceeding ahead in life, it becomes increasingly apparent that a lack of enough time for planned activities/projects/etc. is HUGE.  You get ideas for doing something; you put it on a back burner, and sometimes you even get to it and complete it, but back burner projects grow in number and complexity.
   Just the way it is I suppose, but sitting here in Tokyo on December 31st, 2015, the time thing hits me more strongly than it ever has before.  The combination of a backlog of things to do and a growing realization that no one is immortal....  Nothing for it but to push ahead I guess, still... the quest to tie most of it together continues.
   In an attempt to make myself feel better, I've thought back on things that I wanted to do (in my life) and did - particularly the things that were a risk at the time, pursuing photography, jumping the Pacific Ocean with only enough money for one week, pushing ahead with the early nineties video project in what was a financially reckless way (more concerned with getting needed image & sound recording equipment than with paying the rent), etc.
   "Just more of the same!" I'm tempted to say, but the difference now is a distinct feeling/realization that time, my time, time... time... is running out.  So much to do, so little time to do it in.....

Happy New Year!

Lyle H Saxon
Tokyo

No comments: