Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"Memory... or the Lack of It"

I rented a DVD over the weekend and was a bit surprised to have no idea at all that I'd seen the movie before until a scene that I remembered from near the end of the movie.  I looked at it and thought - ".... You're kidding... there's nothing else in this movie that I remember?  Nothing at all?".  It makes you wonder how much of your life goes missing as time passes.  I mean... what happened, really happened, but if you can't remember it....

It just seems weird...  It's also a good reason to write things down.

Something else though... could it be that my perception now is so much different from when I saw that movie about fifteen years ago that it is in effect a different movie?

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~LLLtrs/

--
The shortest way home is the longest way 'round....

No comments: